Christmas can be both fun and inexpensive, yet beautiful. Also a fun activity to do as a family.
This year I went with rustic theme on my Christmas tree. To complete the look, I decided to create the yarn Christmas ornaments. They were the perfect touch and it didn’t cost an arm or a leg.
Supplies list (all things can be found at the dollar store):
- The yarns
- Mod Podge glue
- Bowl (medium)
- Wood pins
Directions to get started:
These are all directions that your spouse and kids can help with
- Blow up the balloon until it’s slightly smaller than your fist (I created all different sizes)
- Pour the glue into a bowl
- Cut the string a foot long
- Mix the strings into the bowl of glue
- Grab an individual glue covered string and wrapped around a balloon (repeat)
- Hang to dry over night
- 7. Once dry, pop the balloon with a pin and remove it, using tweezers, if necessary.
- I used wire hangers on mine individual ornaments
- Feel free to decorate your ornaments to match your Christmas tree theme. These are dollar store add on decor on my ornaments below.
- Just a quick retrospective:
- If the ballon leaks don’t use it. I’d thought taping it would be fine. Little did I know the yarn would attempt to reshape as the balloon deflate.
- Good luck readers and most of all have fun!